Monday, August 14, 2006

At Last....

Saturday. 12th day of August. Late morning. Sun shining. Bluest skies as far as one can see. A perfect day if I do say so. At least where I am it was. We finally made it up to my sister Julie's home. She looked very good. We spent most of the day sitting outside in the shade and catching up. It was very enjoyable. After dinnertime we (me & hubby, Julie & her hubby) went inside to play some poker. For actual money we did. I ended up being the big winner of $32.75. Yes, it was beginner's luck because more than half the time I didn't really know what I had, I just had fun making bets or folding. I did win all my hubby's chips. I think that was the best part about playing. Because he is the card player not me.

We pretty much spent yesterday hanging around the house. We did do the weekly shopping that we had to do and that was it. It was a lazy uneventful day to say the least.

Today, was back to the grind of working. Yeah!!!

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman