Thursday, February 03, 2005

Wednesday was my Monday

You know that saying "I hate mondays" or even have said it yourself. I believe I've seen a sticker or two with "I hate mondays".

Well, today was my monday. It didn't start off bad but boy oh boy it ended bad. It was a horrible day. Just bleeeech! Ok..work was bad. I kept getting stuff wrong. At one point, I had a slight moment of feeling like i just needed to run out of there screaming. Yeah it was that bad. Well I get off work and proceed home. Hubby was driving which is his "marriage occupation" He the man, him drive. Well it stopped snowing. We got about an inch in like 4 hours. So the roads were a little slick on the way home. We starting going down a tiny hill. We we started to slide towards the right. The car just kept sliding so Rob turned into the slide and just keep the car on level ground. Good thing to our right was a corn field. No corn its winter here. Ok...so for about 200 or so feet, we were travelling in the corn field. It wasn't cool but kind of cool feeling.

So then we get about 3 miles from home. 3 miles. thats all. Run out of gas. The car started gurgling and losing power. Then the engine, you can feel its shake shake shaaake thing going. and Hubby says....."I think we are getting ready to run out of gas." Well, after what he said sank in I breathed a sigh. The day just couldn't any worse. I couldn't wait to get home from work and have some coffee and make something to eat. I was thirsty and hungry. Didn't want to eat at work because fast food makes you fat. Me no fats wants to be. And we run out of gas. out of gas I tell ya. My hubby knew how much of a phobia/fear of mine to run out of gas. Don't know why, it just is. So we pull over into a drive way and called my dad with whom we live. He's old, he needs lots of help and stubborn so we moved in here with him. Anyways, it takes like 10 minutes of calling him 8 times on cell phone for him to answer the phone. Well, he comes to where were are. Let me tell you this, my dad is illiterate. Can't read and can only write his name. Which makes his reading of road signs and such not possible. So i had to tell we were a little ways above the house on the corner that the two sisters lived and that they died within days of each other when they were both in their nineties. Then he knew where we were. So he comes picks me up we go about 3 miles up the road to UDF. Thank you for being 24 hours. We filled the portable gas tank took back to car. Hubby filled up and we proceed home where I made coffee and something to eat than sat down at computer and got my 420 on. Thank you to gods of nature for bringing us to utopia for a small spell of our lives.

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman