Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"Your so Vain, i think this song is about you..."

I had a great and wondrous thing happen to me and my conscious self...

a realization.

and wouldn't you know it, but talking with my husband he told me what it was....

At the time, i was sitting in front of the computer. Our dresser sits right next to it and it has a mirror. So when I face to the left I can see myself in the mirror. Well, i was doing exactly this , while brushing my hair and I asked the stupid question "Honey, am I vain?" Well, as soon as it came out of my mouth and I knew I shouldn't have said it. Even thought of it. This is one of those questions a wife should never ask her husband. NEVER! Its in the same catergory as "Honey, I am getting fat?" . Starting to see the picture, im trying to paint with words??

Anyways, what i realized in the depths of this conversation, I realized he was right. But only about 2 things. My eyes and my hair. I really love looking at those things in the mirror. Ok, i figured the reason for this. I get complimented on them, not bragging, just stating fact. You can ask my husband. So I'm thinking that for this reason, I try different ways to enhance and deepen the look of my eye. You know, make them more of what they are. On the second thing, my hair, its because my hair has finally grown back out after being short for 2 years. Im glad to have my long, flowing locks back. I really regretted having my hair short. When I first had it done, my hubby cried for three days. (obviously he loved my hair long) I think i look better with longer hair. It has a sleek, deep brown look. Very touchable. (see I told you i was vain about my hair...next time you'll listen :)) So i've been brushing my hair alot and have been using better hair care products. I only use Thermasilk shampoo and conditioner. And two or three times a week I use one of those flat heating irons. Very nice, you should get one. It makes my hair very shiny and sleek looking.

So that was my realization....that i am vain. I think everyone has a little of vain in them. Human nature I say. We're all supposed to have self-confidence. So my hair and my eyes are two things about me that boost my self-confidence. Or could one propose that self-confidence--can too much be a bad thing?? Hmmmm...a little brain food to ponder.....

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman