Friday, December 16, 2005

Icy roads and me do not mix...

Yesterday on my day off, I took hubby to work so I could keep our one and only car. I was picking up the kiddos at 4 and keeping them until 8. The kids and I went to Wendy's to eat--for free. They wanted to eat there anyways so it worked out well. We came back home and my 11 yr old immediately started playing the PS2. What can I say?! He loves it. He is also the one that asks me the strangest questions for an 11 yr old. His strangest to date is.."what happens when you shave your wee wee?" I have no clue where he comes up with this stuff and what the hell do you say? I'm at a loss.

After I took them home I made the mistake(a big one) of stopping at wally world for coffee. I went picked up 5 things and stood in line for a half an hour. They had 4 lanes open and they were each at least 15 deep. It was outrageous for this time of year. Obviously, they aren't thinking about there customers. My next stop was Krogers for food stuffs. I got back home around 9:30ish and by 10 we had an inch or two of snow on the ground. It covered everything and made the roads slick as snot. Nice terminology huh?! Give a big ol' thanks to the Dad for that one. Anyways, I left at 11 to pick up hubby from work. It took me 30 minutes to get to Wendy's which is less than 10 away. I fishtailed a few times but kept it under control. There was a semi stuck on a curvy hill and they weren't letting anybody through but I followed a guy in a jeep and went through it anyways. I finally made it to Wendy's, got inside and preceded to have the nerve wracking drive catch up to me. I was shaking and my jaw was going 90 miles an hour. I know, I clocked it....LOL

I need more coffee now.......Have peace or get a piece whichever floats your bobber!

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman