Monday, April 18, 2005

A story of my dad

My dad, the biological one that I live with, is very particular about is yard. He absolutely hates anyone that as so much gets a millimeter of rubber in his yard. Its a yard. It happens occasionally. Our driveway is off of a small private lane. There are also a total of 3 houses that live behind us down this lane. So there is lets say, a frequency of traffic up and down all day long. Well, he yells at people to slow down. Then he proceeds to say "I got your tag number, lady!" This man who is 64, doesnt know how to read and he can barely write his name. How he is going to remember their tag number and be able to write it down. Well anyways, the whole point of the pre-story was to ready you for the story. Tonight my hubby and I, had to run to UDF to get cigs. When turning around in the lane I was turning the wheel to turn around and completely without malice or will intent, I drove the car through my fathers yard. This brought to utter and complete whimsical laughter. My eyes actually flooded and overflowed their lids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one thing a man can call his own is his yard. No matter what the size or the shape its in he is always proud of it. Im surprised he didn't shoot at ya! I know i would have

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman