Tuesday, August 19, 2003

18 Aug 2003 - lots happening!!

Its been awhile since I've wrote....

Well, first things first I guess... I kind of got fired from my job that I held for over a year and this is like a week after I got promoted to a trainer (I was a server at a restaurant chain) I loved that job. But they didn't like the fact that I had to take 4 weeks off this summer so i could have my kids. they live with their dad, for now anyways. :( So the day after we (my husband and I) get back from the long drive ( 12-16 hrs) I call work to remind them that someone has to pick me up in time for this Managers meeting. Well, the manager that I am speaking to informs me that I was marked off the schedule. They did this because I supposedly didn't show up for 3 days of work and nobody knew where I was. Which was a lie because I told the Gen. Manager that I couldn't work those days because of my kids. He said he would take care of it. Well obviously he didn't. Well, after talking with my husband and sister, I decided not to go back. It was getting to stressful anyways. I worked the night shift and it was getting tiresome Of having to put up with their(work) constent bickering to me about needing weekends off and such.

So now I have already been hired somewhere else. Just 4 days a week...its 9 hours days but HEY! I get 3 days off a week. How cool is that?!

I went to a bookstore and got 2 books. One is called "The Ultimate Book of Shadows for a New Generation" by Silver Raven Wolf and "The Ultimate Encylopedia of Mythology". I am trying to learn new things on Pagans, Wiccan, and Mythology. I wanted to become more spiritual and insync with the world. I feel like I have been inspired to change my world and travel a different path than the one I have been on and I feel different. My husband commented to me today that he got the sense that I have become more relaxed about things. And its true.....I do...I feel at peace with myself. So far I have learned that I will not be afraid of change for through change....no telling what will happen. It starts with you and one small step.

May the spirit of life enter you and reinvigorate your soul.

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman