Friday, October 28, 2005

time for some changes up in here...

Yes Folks, Its time for some changing and the changing will occur next Sunday.

We are finally moving out of my dads house. I am so looking forward to this its not funny. We are moving in with a friend of mine that I work with. He has a spare room that we can use and our rent is going to help him with his house payment..or at least I reckon it will. He only lives maybe 10 minutes away from where we work, which will be nice when it comes to gas. A ten minute drive compared to a 45 minute drive. Its a no-brainer. And not to mention getting away from my dads flatulous self. I know he is old but damn! he doesn't have to be so eecky crude.

I found yesterday that my eldest sisters' divorce was final and she is not doing to well at all. I know that divorces can be rough (I've went through one myself) but alot of her well-being she has done to herself. Well, for one she has gotten her addicted to pills. She has showed them to me and I've seen her pay for them by using her food stamps. My sister used to be a really good person. She took care of her kids better than herself and gave them anything she could. Ok. She spoiled them. But now she can barely take care of herself or her kids. And I know them kids know something is not right about her. They know their mother.

I went down there this past summer with the intention of watching her kids while she got off the pills. But she just wouldn't do it, so I came home a week early. I couldn't stand that I came 6 hours from Ohio to be with her and she couldn't get off the damn phone long enough to speak to me for a few minutes. It was crazy. So I said "enough, I'm going home." I now know that at this point in her addiction she is going to have to hit rock bottom and lose everything that she loves to realize that she has a problem and she needs help with it. Until then I can't do a damn thing. So I will love her from afar and tough it will be for her and me.

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman