Thursday, December 23, 2004

don't we all just love the winter!?

Well, the snowfall started yesterday afternoon and didn't let up until sometime early this morning. We ended up with 12 inches of snow/sleet/freezing rain combination. And if that wasn't bad enough, which actually wasn't that bad, it was a beautiful sight. Anyways, the electricity went out at 1 am this morning. Good thing I like candles as much as I do, so we had some on hand. My dad did have a nice oil lamp also, which puts out some pretty amazing light to wrap christmas presents with. That is what we ended up doing in the oil lamp light until about 4 am. We did consider ourselves lucky since we heat with an oil stove. So we kept fairly warm. I do mean fairly. We made coffee on top of the oil stove and then I put some frozen waffles on it for the kids to eat. The electric was restored around 11:30 this morning. We were all so excited. ITs amazing how something can affect your whole life. Electricity.

We did let the kids go ahead and open the presents. They like everything they got, which i knew they would. Which reminds me.....we got the package from my sister wednesday morning. It was a welcome knock early in the morning from the postal dude.

And now a few words from my youngest son......,

I got a juice box today. It came with little videos. I have TMNT, Dexters laboratory, and Winxs Clue. I watched TMNT today,and I don't like Winxs Clue which I think is for girls, and I hate girl chinzo actions.

No comments:

Movies that I Like

  • The Louisiana Sky
  • The Lakehouse
  • Secret Garden
  • The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black
  • All Star Trek Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Pride and Prejudice

My Favorite Reads

  • Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton R.I.P.
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • Maxim Magazine
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Therapy by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
  • Bones by Jonathan Kellerman